Events that occur outside of recognised peak periods (summer, public holidays and school holidays), encourage out of area intra and interstate visitation, return visitation and overnight stays are eligible for funding through this program.
Tourism event support program eligibility criteria
- The ability to increase tourist visitation to the Shoalhaven including intra and interstate visitors in the off-peak season
- The Event must occur outside of recognised peak periods
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver significant and measurable economic benefit to the Shoalhaven
- The ability to facilitate business and community involvement in the event
- Ability for the event to add to the diversity of the regions event calendar
- Incorporate strategic and targeted marketing practices in its planning and implementation
- The capacity to be an ongoing event
- Involvement of and consultation with local business, community and tourism groups; and
- The Organisation must acknowledge the Shoalhaven Tourism sponsorship via all advertising and marketing undertaken
Things to consider in your application
Given the growing number and size of events in the region, these grants are highly sought after, so it is recommended event organisers submit as much detail and supporting information as possible. Please use clear, simple language to outline your activity.
Your objectives must meet the identified criteria within the Event Support Guidelines and the Key Themes in Council’s Destination Management Plan 2018-2023.
Apply for tourism event support funding
To apply, please complete the below online form which will be sent directly to the Events Team.
All applications must be completed online. The full form is available for download as a reference.