Social Media Community Guidelines
Welcome to Shoalhaven City Council. Our social media accounts aim to inform, educate, engage and inspire residents, visitors and businesses within our local area. We value respectful relationships and positive community engagement and encourage you to have open and honest conversations on our posts. However, to ensure there is mutual respect and common courtesy we have some community guidelines.
We kindly ask that you:
- Exercise kindness and behaviour that is respectful and considerate of other people;
- Protect your personal privacy and do not post your email address, home address or phone number;
- Acknowledge that content in our posts is accurate at the time of publication but may change over time and as such we are not liable for the accuracy of information posted;
- Acknowledge that Shoalhaven City Council do not accept responsibility for public comments on the page. They are not representative of the opinions of the Council or Council staff members, nor do we make any guarantee to their accuracy.
Comments on our social media pages may be deleted or hidden as determined in our absolute discretion if they contain:
- Content, or links to content, that is violent, obscene, profane, hateful, derogatory, racist or sexist;
- Insults, threats or harassment of other users, including content that may compromise the safety or security of the public;
- Comments that threaten or defame any person or organisation;
- Solicitations, advertisements, endorsements or spam;
- Discussion or promotion of behaviour that is unlawful;
- Off-topic comments by a single user;
- Repetitive comments, including copied and pasted or duplicated comments by single or multiple users;
- Users who do not comply with these terms may also be blocked from the page at our absolute discretion.
Our social media accounts are managed by Council's Communications Team. Posts and comments are generally monitored during business hours (Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm).
All enquiries, complaints and requests for service are managed through our Customer Service Centre. You can call 1300 293 111, submit an online request or visit us at our Nowra and Ulladulla Service Centres.