Island Point Road - St Georges Basin - Jetty Repair
The Shoalhaven was declared a Natural Disaster Area 5 March 2022 after an East Coast Low and subsequent rain events. This had a major impact on our communities, with damages to infrastructure. Island Point Road Jetty at St Georges Basin was severely impacted resulting in planned repair works.
- Public access
Island Point Road, St Georges Basin 2540
- Project StatusPlanning
- Last reviewed
26 February 2024
15/02/2024 - Council has received funding approval to undertake repairs to the Island Point Jetty. Tender documents are currently being prepared.
About the works
2023 Works history
- 02/11/2023 - Detailed design for replacement of the jetty is complete and Council will be issuing a tender for the work. It is expected works will commence in the new year following the tender process.
- 28/09/2023 - Council has received funding approval from Natural Disaster Recovery Arrangements and the NSW Department of Primary Industries (NSW DPI). Detailed design and environmental approvals are near completion.
- 08/09/2023 - Council has received funding approval from Natural Disaster Recovery Arrangements and the NSW DPI. Detailed design and environmental approvals are nearing completion. The works will be coordinated with assistance from NSW Public Works.
- 13/07/2023 - Funding for repair works has been endorsed by the Public Works Authority and Council is currently working with them to clarify design and cost estimates.
- 20/04/2023 - Council has obtained cost estimates and concept designs for like-for-like, and betterment, options relating to the jetty and are liaising with funding authorities to obtain grants to undertake the works.
The Island Point Road Jetty, St Georges Basin was damaged in the east coast low events. Replacement of the asset has been identified and funding sources are being secured to replace the jetty. Additionally, grant funding is being sought to provide betterment of the asset to increase resilience to future events.
The structure and decking are damaged and closed to the public. Estimated replacement of the asset is within the 23/24 financial year.
Please note: Without an email address we will have no way to reach you to respond to your feedback or concerns raised through this form.
If you don't want to provide an email address, please visit our contact details page to view other options, or call us on 1300 293 111.