Roads & Traffic Management


To make suburban streets safe, road restrictions and traffic management regulations for heavy vehicles are in place across the Shoalhaven.

Heavy vehicle drivers need to be aware of the permits required and the height and weight road restrictions for our region.

Heavy Vehicle Access Permits

Heavy Vehicle Permits for all roads in the Shoalhaven may be obtained by contacting the:

Road restrictions

Know the road restrictions we have in place to keep our roads and community safe.


Visit Roads & Maritime Services website to view:

Speed zone reduction

To reduce an existing speed limit to a specified speed limit adjacent to a construction work site, a minimum of 10 working days should be allowed to obtain a Speed Zone Reduction authorisation.

A condition of approval will include requirement for a site-specific Traffic & Pedestrian Control Plan.

The Traffic & Pedestrian Control Plan must comply with the RMS (Roads and Traffic Authority) manual ‘Traffic & Pedestrian Control at Work Sites’ and must be prepared and certified by a person holding the appropriate Roads and Traffic Authority accreditation.

For more information contact Councils Roads Assets Manager.


Request a speed zone change

The Roads & Maritime Services (RMS) has the responsibility to determine the speed zone for all roads within NSW.

To request a speed zone change visit:

Last updated on 08 October 2020