Shoalhaven City has approximately 1,200 reserves, consisting of:
List of park facilities in the Shoalhaven
Find a park in your local area. Toilets, Play Equipment, Outdoor Gym, BBQ, Shelter, Skate Park, BMX, Sportsgrounds, Cycle Way, Boat Ramps, Memorial, Jetties, Shower Facilities and basketball half courts.
Park amenities include:
- Open parklands - where families or individuals can gather to play, feast and exercise or lose themselves in the wide open spaces.
- Natural areas - subtropical and temperate rainforest can be readily accessed for the day tripper or for those seeking an outdoor adventure.
- Foreshores, beaches and waterways - for the water sports person or those who simply wish to enjoy the beauty of our beaches, lakes and waterways.
- Sportsgrounds - providing for a broad range of sporting activities including AFL, basketball, croquet, cricket, netball, rugby league, rugby union, soccer and tennis to name a few.
- Reserves - nominated reserves throughout the Shoalhaven to host your Function, Event or Wedding Ceremony (conditions apply).
- Get In Step Program - Is accessible fitness in the Shoalhaven. Grab a booklet, get your shoes and find a 1km walk and have fun . Please open the booklet and open yourself up to 20 amazing and accessible pathways throughout the Shoalhaven. Hard copies of the booklets are available at the Shoalhaven Visitors Centre.
Return to top
- Playgrounds - Shoalhaven City has 128 playgrounds across the City providing a multitude of fun play experiences that include climbing, sliding and spinning and swinging. All playgrounds are designed to safely meet Australian Standards.
- BBQ’s - Shoalhaven City Council provides electric bbq's in more than 50 locations. The bbq’s are free to use and are kept regularly cleaned and serviced. Dozens of wood fired bbq’s are also scattered through the reserves network, although restricted use can apply during peak fire seasons. Council does not provide firewood.
- Shelters - gazebos and shelters, ranging in sizes large enough to accommodate coach tours at Burrill Lake Lions Park and Rotary Park, Ulladulla and scaling down to small family picnics at Apex Park Berry, Marriott Park Nowra, Titania Park Greenwell Point and Sussex Inlet foreshore reserve, are available for use in many of our parks.
- Toilets - Toilets are available in a wide range of parks and sports fields across the city.
National Public Toilet Map (new window)
- Boat ramps - to cater for all types of weather, boat ramps are provided in many of our estuaries and lakes. For the open sea adventurer, deepwater boat ramps are available at several locations along the Shoalhaven coastline.
- Skate parks - skaters are well catered for with regional facilities at Harry Sawkins Park, Nowra and West Ulladulla Sports Fields recently being complimented with the completion of the Currarong Skate Park. Other skate parks include Berry, Shoalhaven Heads, Callala Bay, and Sanctuary Point.
- BMX tracks - Malcolm Moore bmx track and Kangaroo Valley bmx offer the more experienced rider a chance to get some air. Whilst the younger age group may take the opportunity to get cranking at Parson Street Ulladulla or simply enjoy a few little jumps at Gordon Ravell Oval Greenwell Point and Fishermans Paradise Boatramp.
- Walking tracks (new window) - Across the Shoalhaven there is a wide variety of walking tracks for all abilities ranging from wheelchair One Track For All at Ulladulla to Bomaderry Creek Walk that offers a medium challenge to all age groups.
- Dog access areas - Across the parks network there are several off leash areas as well as prohibited and restricted areas.