Council is committed to providing an accessible, safe and inclusive workplace for all. To help us identify and support people from diverse groups please contact us if you require any support or additional assistance during the recruitment process.
Give yourself the best opportunity to complete the application process successfully.
Read these steps carefully to make sure you understand our application process.
- Vacancy details and requirements
- Information and documents to provide
- Address the selection criteria
- Confirm and submit your application
Take your time to read the position advertisement carefully as it provides an:
- Overview of the position
- Application closing date
- The relevant contact person
Access the job description from the vacancy description at the bottom of the advertisement to see the full scope of the position including responsibilities, qualifications and the necessary skills.
- We recommend contacting the Supervisor named on the advertisement to gather more information about the position.
Prepare this information before you start your online application. The recommended formats for your documents include .doc, .docx, and .pdf. Files should not be larger than 2MB.
During the application process you will be prompted to complete each section and attach relevant documents including:
- Resume/curriculum vitae (CV)
- Cover letter (optional)
- Contact details
- Education details - High school, TAFE, University qualifications
- Work history - include relevant positions to the vacancy
- Licences - provide details of drivers licence or other licences required e.g. forklift
- Referees - provide two (2) work related references (not mandatory)
- Format your resume/CV in an organised and easy to read way
- Your resume/CV should be updated for each vacancy you apply for
- Make sure the information in your resume/CV is relevant to the position
Spend time answering the selection criteria as your application may not be considered if you don’t.
Explain how your qualifications, knowledge, skills, abilities and work experience relate to the position.
You will be asked to address the selection criteria by answering three (3) to five (5) questions.
After you have completed your application you will be prompted to confirm, and then submit it.
- If a mandatory field has not been completed, a red error bar will appear asking you to complete the relevant section
- You can submit your application once the mandatory fields are completed
After you have submitted your application successfully, you will receive a confirmation email acknowledging receipt of your application.
Give yourself enough time. Completing the online application form should take around 30 to 40 minutes.
- Make sure you have the information and documents detailed above ready for you to apply
- Submit your application to us by the closing date
- All vacancies close on midnight of the closing date provided