Shoalhaven City Council has welcomed confirmation from the Australian Government that Shoalhaven roads are to receive over $2.7 million in funding through the national Black Spot Programme.
Mayor Joanna Gash said this funding was in addition to the previous $5.4 million funding commitment made under the 2015/2016 Black Spot Programme.
“I welcome the announcement of over $2.7 million in additional roads funding for the Shoalhaven through the Australian Government’s Black Spot Programme,” said Clr Gash.
“Council would also like to thank the Member for Gilmore, Ann Sudmalis for her hard work in lobbying for these much needed funds to come to the Shoalhaven.”
“This funding provides a huge boost to the local area enabling works to be carried out on some of the area’s most pressing roadways, including Bendalong Road, Woodburn Road, Bolong Road and Forest Road.”
“The Black Spot Programme targets road locations where accidents are occurring, reducing the risk of further crashes through measures such as traffic signals and roundabouts at dangerous locations.”
Mayor Gash said that Black Spot Programme funding is allocated to road locations that have been identified as a high priority.
Local projects to receive funding include –
- Bendalong Road, East of Princes Highway, CONJOLA - $660,000
Improve sealed shoulder up to 2.5m on curve, install audio-tactile centre line, remove clear zone hazards, install new curve and advisory speed signs.
- Woodburn Road, South of Clyde Ridge Road, MORTON - $510,000
Remove clear zone hazards, install barrier on roadside, curve alignment markers, new curve and advisory speed signs and road feature signs.
- Bolong Road, Hanigans Lane, BOLONG - $420,000
Widen shoulder and improve sealed shoulder.
- Paradise Beach Road, Kerry Street, SANCTUARY POINT - $285,000
Roundabout with pedestrian refuge.
- Forest Road, Callala Beach Road, WOLLUMBOOLA - $240,000
Remove clear zone hazards, upgrade T-junction, install shoulder and audio-tactile edge and centre line.
- St Vincent Street, Church Street, ULLADULLA - $210,000
- Deering Street, Jubilee Avenue, ULLADULLA - $140,000
- Princes Highway, North of Corks Lane, MILTON (for RMS) - $330,000
Widen shoulders, install w-beam barrier, install painted median and remove clear zone hazards
CONTACT: Mayor, Joanna Gash - 0427 160 170