The Board consists of nine local community members, all elected Councillors and the General Manager (or nominee) for a four year period. Currently four vacancies exist for suitably qualified community members of the Board who must attend a minimum of four meetings per year with the duration of each meeting being approximately two hours. In addition, Board members are responsible for overseeing a specific sporting portfolio which may require additional time commitments.
Interested persons who wish to join the Board will need to address in writing how the following selection criteria:
1. Experience on a community board/community committee;
2. Experience providing advocacy for a range of community/sporting groups;
3. Experience in strategic planning and/or policy development;
4. Ability to represent the whole Shoalhaven Sporting Community (all sports);
5. Ability to advocate and maintain specific sports related portfolios (nominate at least one from the Terms Of Reference document);
6. Experience in handling confidential and/or sensitive information.
Expressions of Interests for the Shoalhaven Sports Board will be accepted until close of business on Wednesday, 9 November 2016 and be addressed to the General Manager, Shoalhaven City Council, via firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 42, NOWRA 2541. The Board operates under a specific Terms of Reference which can be viewed on the Council Website www.shoalhaven.nsw.gov.au.
For further information, please contact James Harris on 4429 3152