Council congratulates Tourism Award Winners
August 29, 2011
Shoalhaven City Council Mayor, Paul Green has congratulated the local winners at the recent South Coast Tourism Awards held in North Wollongong.
Seven Shoalhaven businesses received awards at a gala dinner attended by over 200 tourism representatives with Local Government Areas from Wollongong to Bega Valley Shire represented in the nominations.
“I would like to congratulate all of the local nominees and award recipients at the South Coast Tourism Awards,” said Clr Green.
“It is extremely encouraging to see our local tourism operators taking advantage of the Shoalhaven’s natural beauty and working hard to attract people into the region.
“The fact that so many Shoalhaven tourism operators received awards provides a tremendous shot in the arm for the local industry and again cements the area’s position as one of the most popular holiday destinations in NSW.”
“The South Coast Tourism Awards are a fantastic event as they allow local operators to evaluate and develop their annual activities and view how they are contributing to the broader tourism industry.”
The Shoalhaven winners of the South Coast Tourism Awards 2011:
• Hall of Fame - Coolangatta Estate, Coolangatta
• Hall of Fame - Dolphin Watch Cruises, Jervis Bay
• Tourism Restaurants and Catering Services - Winner - Cupitts Winery, Ulladulla
• Tourism Wineries, Distilleries & Boutique Breweries - Winner - Silos Estate, Jaspers Brush
• Tourist & Caravan Parks - Award of Community Involvement awarded to Currarong Beachside Tourist Park, Currarong
• Hosted Accommodation - Winner - Mollymook Beach Waterfront, Mollymook
• New Tourism Development - Winner - Eco Extreme Wilderness Cruise, Dolphin Watch Cruises, Jervis Bay
Selected local winners will go on to represent the South Coast at the NSW Tourism Awards and should they win their category will receive nomination for the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards.