Shoalhaven City Council has 10 beach wheelchairs available free of charge for beaches across the City.
The beach wheelchairs will provide and improve access to the beach for children and young people living with disability. The child and adult size all terrain beach wheelchairs, will ensure children in particular aged 9-15 years will have access to and are included in mainstream activities such as visiting the beach.
The beach wheelchairs will be available free of charge through:
- Shoalhaven Heads Beach Surf Lifesaving Club - 4448 7293
- Culburra Beach Surf Lifesaving Club - 0432 557 516 or 0410 553 955
- Sussex Inlet Beach Surf Lifesaving Club - 0421 727 700
- Mollymook Beach Surf Lifesaving Club - 4455 2725
- White Sands - Huskisson Beach / Moona - Moona Creek Holiday Haven Park - 4406 2040
- Lake Tabourie Holiday Haven Park - 4406 3101
- Palm Beach Greville’s Corner Store - 4443 2330
During beach patrol season or at other times at the discretion of wheelchair site caretakers.
Hirers will need to follow safety procedures and sign a hire and indemnity form.
Each patrolled beach site will have both an adult and child size chair available for outdoor hire/use only. Other sites have an adult size chair available for hire/use.
The beach wheelchairs are ONLY to be used at the designated site/s that they are booked from and ONLY between the flags at beach sites if entering the water as patrolled by the relevant Surf Life Saving Club. A carer will need to assist in using the beach wheelchair.
The wheelchairs have been made available to the community through a collaboration between FundAbility, Shoalhaven City Council, Surf Lifesaving South Coast Branch, Holiday Haven Tourist Parks and Greville’s Corner Store.
For more information, contact Community Development, Shoalhaven City Council on Tel: 4429 3418 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.