Talk with your family and plan what you will do if a disaster affects your area.
Plan and practice your decisions and consider the following:
- When to leave and where will you go?
- What to take? (important papers, valuables and sentimental items)
- What to do with your pets and animals?
- What about your business?
- How will you contact family and friends?
To help you make important decisions like when to leave, what to take, and what to do with animals, the RFS encourage you to complete their bush fire survival plan.
Download the RFS bush fire survival plan
The NSW Government has a five-step guide to preparing your business for a disaster.
Download the Get Ready Business Disaster Tool Booklet