Do you know a person, organisation or business from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community making a difference? Whether they have been an inspirational role model or accomplished something great, their efforts deserve recognition!
Proudly hosted by Shoalhaven in partnership with Kiama, Wollongong and Shellharbour councils these awards shine a light on the amazing contributions and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, organisations and businesses.
There are six award categories including:
- Elder of the Year (Aunty and Uncle)
- Outstanding Contribution to the Community (Paid and Voluntary)
- Young Achiever of the Year
- Organisation of the Year (Not for Profit and For Profit)
- Outstanding Contribution to Reconciliation (Aboriginal and Non-Aboriginal)
- Caring for Country and Culture
Nominations close at 5:00pm on Monday, March 25. The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony being held at the Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre in Nowra on the evening of Saturday, July 27.
View nomination guide
View printable nomination guide and application form
How to apply
There are three ways to submit an application:
- Submit an application through the online form
- Download the printable form, and email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pick up an application form from any of the following locations:
Completed forms can be dropped off at any of the above locations, or can be emailed to email@example.com
- Wollongong, Shellharbour or Kiama Council offices
- Nowra Administration Building
- Nowra Library
- Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre
- Ulladulla Civic Centre
- Shoalhaven Indoor Sports Centre
- Nowra Aquatic Centre
- Bay & Basin Leisure Centre
- Sanctuary Point Library
- Ulladulla Library
- Ulladulla Aquatic Centre
Need help with your application?
If you would like more information about the application process – or if you would like assistance completing your application form – phone 1300 293 111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org