Council Elections & Voting

Local Government is an elected system of government directly accountable to the local community. All the elected representatives, known as councillors, work together to provide good governance for the benefit of their local community.

Past election results can be found at the NSW Electoral Commission.

Local Government Elections 2024

The 2024 NSW Local Government Elections are scheduled to be held on Saturday 14 September 2024. Watch this page for further information about the elections as that date approaches.

Shoalhaven City Council's election will be administered by the NSW Electoral Commission. For all information including key dates please visit the NSW Electoral Commission website or phone them on 1300 135 736.

For further information about your current elected representatives and their role in Council, view the Mayor & Councillors page.