Revitalisation of Vincentia Village Shopping Mall Precinct
- Project StatusIn progress
- Completion Date24 December 2021
The revitalisation of the Vincentia Village shopping mall precinct aims to increase tourist visitation and community engagement, as well as support the local and regional economy through the creation of jobs.
The project commenced on 1 July 2019 and is being funded through the Federal Government's Building Better Regions Round 3 Infrastructure program and Shoalhaven City Council.
Extensive community and business consultation have been incorporated into the Place Score Report.
Following consultation and expert input detailed designs will be developed for the revamp of the Vincentia Village mall.
With the finalisation of the design, construction will commence during the winter of 2020 as permitted by COVID-19 guidelines and any required planning approvals.
It is anticipated that works will be paused over the 2020/2021 Summer (Christmas/New Year) tourist season to minimise retail and business disruption.
Works will recommence in February 2021.
The key project activities to realise a vibrant and attractive community gathering place will include:
- Detailed design of the community gathering place
- Tender preparation and procurement
- Site preparation, including demolition, earthworks, civil works and foundations
- Installation of surface and subsurface tree management systems
- Construction including:
- Raised outdoor dining area of approximately 307m2
- Appropriate shade structures
- Improved carpark of approximately 440m2 and associated access
- Approximately two aesthetically pleasing amenity blocks including at least one accessible toilet
- Landscaping including planting, irrigation, walling, steps, footpaths and paving with a nature-based theme reflecting the Jervis Bay aesthetic
- Installation of furniture including lighting, shelters, park seating, park picnic settings, bin enclosures and water station
- Installation of signs
- Installation of CCTV
- Installation of wi-fi station, for free public wi-fi access
Burton Street, Vincentia 2540 View Map