22/12/2022 - Four tenders for the repair of 38 landslips were received. A comprehensive evaluation process has been completed and a recommendation has been forwarded to Public Work Advisory (PWA) for endorsement. It is anticipated that PWA will evaluate the tender acceptance report and respond to Council mid-January.
15/12/2022 - Tender Process for the Landslip packages is progressing well.
The current status of the Landslip Tender is as follows;
- Council has received four bids in the tender box.
- Non-price evaluation is complete with promising proposals from experienced contractors.
- Price evaluation is nearing completion with final checks and balances being considered for each submission.
- Project references and financial checks on each of the bidders is currently underway.
- After the above checks, direct discussions with preferred tenderers will be undertaken.
- Based upon evaluation to date we are confident that the tender process will result in an award of the works.
- From review of the submissions both options A and B as per Councils strategy are real possibilities under consideration.
- Prior to the Christmas break the evaluation team is confident that the process will be complete with reports sent for endorsement.
31/10/2022 - The investigation, design and construction of the initial 38 high priority major landslip repairs impacting roads is a large undertaking and planning for this major program of work is well underway.
Geo-technical consultants, SLR Consulting P/L, have been engaged to undertake the detailed investigation and design of the landslip repair work of the 38 high priority sites. The investigation and drilling work is now complete as well as the environmental due diligence assessment and preliminary cost estimates. Design work has now reached 85%.
With assistance from the NSW Public Works Advisory, tender documents for the 38 high priority works were completed and issued for public tender on 31 October 2022 and closed on 6 December 2022.
eTendering - Current Tender Detail View - RFT-10053781 (nsw.gov.au)
The extensive tender evaluation process is likely to take several weeks depending on the quantity and quality of the tenders submitted. Prior to Council accepting any tender, Council has an obligation to seek final endorsement from the NSW Public Works Advisory regarding the preferred tender, as well as endorsement from TfNSW who approves the final scope of work, the allocation of Natural Disaster funds and verifies compliance with the NSW Disaster Assistance Arrangements.
Allowing for the Christmas shutdown period, a tender for the 38 major land slip repair work is likely to be accepted in late January 2023 which will allow Council to enter into a construction contract.
Depending on the time it takes for the contractor to mobilise equipment, staff and to procure materials it is now most likely repair will commence in March 2023.