Bendeela & Cambewarra Reservoirs and Kangaroo Valley Storage Tanks
- Project StatusIn progress
The Kangaroo Valley Storage Tanks and Bendeela Reservoir projects were successful in receiving Bushfire Local Economic Recovery (BLER) Funding, as part of the NSW Governments initiative to support job retention and creation in bushfire impacted regions, strengthen community resilience and reduce the impact of future natural disasters. A total of $990,000.00 in funding has been provided as part of the BLER towards this project. As part of the construction of the Kangaroo Valley Storage Tanks and Bendella Reservoir, the Cambewarra Reservoir Project was also nominated to be delivered alongside the other works.
This work will increase the water supply though the provision of two static water tanks located in the Kangaroo Valley. These will be used by the Rural Fire Service (RFS) and NSW Fire and Rescue Services in times of need. The works will commence in the vicinity of 5 Moss Vale Road (Kangaroo Valley Holiday Haven) and 169 Moss Vale Road (Council Land Adjacent to Kangaroo Valley Showground).
Reservoirs – Design & ConstructionThe delivery of this project is proposed to be executed as two Separable Portions as detailed below:
- Separable Portion 1: Bendeela Reservoir Design & Construction
- Separable Portion 2: Cambewarra Reservoir Design & Construction
Separable Portion 1: Bendeela Reservoir
The current reservoir servicing the Bendeela area has been identified to have minor issues that affect the delivery of water to users. When the reservoir is emptied for inspection or maintenance, the township is fully reliant on the continual operation of the water treatment plant (WTP). A reservoir of such small capacity (0.1 Megalitre (ML)) does not provide adequate support to the supply of water to the area in times of peak flow, particularly holiday periods. As such, the construction of a new 0.5 ML concrete reservoir is proposed to be created to assist in the supply of water to the Kangaroo Valley region.
Separable Portion 2: Cambewarra Reservoir
The construction of a 3.5 ML reservoir is desired as part of the overall water supply strategy for the new Moss Vale Road urban release areas to meet future water supply requirements. The Moss Vale Road Urban Release Area water supply is proposed to be delivered as part of 4 distinct packages, with this package being Package 4: New Water Reservoir.
April 2022 Update:
- Anticipated to engage contractor May 2022 for construction and completion Mid 2022.
Reservoirs - Design & Construction
- Separable Portion 1: Bendeela Reservoir Design & Construction: Procurement for design and construction of the Reservoir is planned to commence in May 2022 and be awarded in June 2022 for construction in late 2022.
- Separable Portion 2: Cambewarra Reservoir Design & Construction: Pre-works commenced with the removal of vegetation around the site Asset Protection Zone (APZ) and construction of fencing around the perimeter of the site. Procurement for design and construction of the Reservoir is planned to commence in May 2022 and be awarded in June 2022 for construction in late 2022/early 2023.
Moss Vale Road, Kangaroo Valley 2577
Cambewarra Reservoir Fencing Construction 1
Cambewarra Reservoir Fencing Construction 2
Existing Cambewarra Reservoir
Bendeela Reservoir Site Location