Do I Need Approval?

We have detailed responses for our most asked queries below. 

Do I need to lodge a Development Applications (DA)?

A Development Application (DA) is required for most developments in the local area, however, a DA is not always necessary. You might be able to undertake the development as:


How do I know what Zone I am in?

Across our Council area there are different land use zones including:

  • Residential
  • Commercial
  • Industrial

These zones reflect the type of development that is expected to occur in the area.

To identify your zoning, you can view Council's Maps Online or refer to your Section 10.7 Certificate.

The Shoalhaven Local Environmental Plan (LEP) sets out what types of development can be undertaken in each zone. The Jerberra Estate has its own LEP.