Join the Arts Advisory Committee
Do you have a passion for the arts and planning for the future? Do you want to contribute to the development of visual, performing and literary arts in the Shoalhaven? Do you want to help guide Council to support the diverse and talented voices of artists and residents in the Shoalhaven?
Shoalhaven City Council is calling for applications from community representatives to join the Committee. This is a great opportunity to get involved in supporting arts, culture and heritage in the Shoalhaven.
Steps to apply:
- Complete the application form
- Email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Arts Advisory Committee?
The Advisory Arts Committee supports the development and enrichment of the arts across the Shoalhaven including visual, heritage, literature and performing arts.
The Committee consists of both community representatives and Councillors, and members are appointed for a voluntary term of two years.
The Committee will meet at least four times a year, usually hosted at the Shoalhaven City Council administrative centre.
For more information, please read the committee terms of reference.
What role does the Committee play in Council?
During meetings, the Arts Advisory Committee receives and discusses Council staff reports, and provides advice and input to Council on many aspects of arts and culture throughout the Shoalhaven.
The role of the Committee is outlined in the points below:
- Representing the community’s needs and desires for arts and culture in the Shoalhaven
- Assisting Council to emphasise the value and importance of visual, performing, literary arts, museum and heritage sectors for First Nations, and multi-cultural communities and all residents of the Shoalhaven
- Providing comment on relevant Council policies and strategies
- Making recommendations on the awarding of annual arts and cultural grants
- Collaborating on, and supporting the delivery of Council strategies that encourage the growth of and participation in the cultural and creative life of the Shoalhaven
- Supporting and promoting the annual program of exhibitions, events and activities developed by the Shoalhaven Regional Gallery, Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre and Shoalhaven Libraries
The role of the Committee and the decisions it makes are informed by the following Council plans:
Any recommendations to Council are submitted via the minutes of each meeting, for Council consideration.
Please note: The Committee provides recommendations, not binding decisions. Council has to factor other reports from department managers and budget concerns into its decision making process.