Mayor congratulates South Coast Tourism Award winners
August 29, 2013
Shoalhaven City Council Mayor, Joanna Gash has congratulated the local award recipients at last night’s South Coast Tourism Awards.
In a tremendous night for the area, Shoalhaven businesses took out almost half the awards.
Mayor Gash said it was not only the area’s pristine natural beauty that attracted streams of visitors to the Shoalhaven saying the area’s tourism operators had built a reputation for providing unparallel levels of service.
“It is little secret that Tourism is one of the key drivers of the local economy,” said Clr Gash.
“The industry is responsible for employing thousands of local residents and injecting an estimated annual $629 million into Shoalhaven City.
“It goes without saying that I am extremely pleased to see many of the area’s high quality operators recognised for their contribution to the local tourism sector.”
“It is the high levels of service that these operators provide that ensure hundreds of thousands of people return to the Shoalhaven annually.”
“Council has an extremely close and mutually beneficial working relationship with both the Shoalhaven Tourism Board and local operators.”
The Gold Award Winners include -
• Visitors Information Centre - Shoalhaven Visitors Centre, Nowra
• Regional Winery, Brewery or Pub - Silos Estate, Berry
• Tour and Transport Operator - Dolphin Watch Cruises, Huskisson
• Tourism Retailing - The Treat Factory, Berry
• New Tourism Development - Destination Mollymook
• Budget Accommodation - Anchor Bay Motel, Greenwell Point
• Accommodation Holiday Letting - The Beach House, Sanctuary Point
• Hosted Accommodation - Mollymook Beach Waterfront, Mollymook
• Tourist and Caravan Parks up to 3.5 Star - Swan Lake Tourist Village, Cudmirrah
• Unique Accommodation - Barrengarry Boutique Farm Cottages, Kangaroo Valley
• Family Friendly - Daisycare Nanny Agency
• Small Business Operator - Swan Lake Tourist Village, Cudmirrah
• Outstanding Contribution to South Coast Tourism - Matt Cross, Huskisson