The Sustainable Futures Committee has several positions available for members of the community who wish to get involved in helping to protect the Shoalhaven environment and creating a sustainable Shoalhaven.
The Sustainable Futures Committee is a strategic advisory committee that advocates for Sustainable Futures in the Shoalhaven, including climate change, energy renewal and waste and informs Council’s decision making processes related to energy efficiency, security and renewable energy generation as well as other climate change issues that encompass sustainable futures for the Shoalhaven.
The Sustainable Futures Committee make recommendations to Council with respect to the following:
- Setting emission targets for the Shoalhaven.
- Focusing on energy, including energy efficiency, energy security and renewable energy generation as well as other climate change issues
- Creating and building community capacity for environmentally sustainable living and business.
- Addressing, adapting and building resilience to climate change.
- Appropriate ways to protect, connect and integrate ecological values within our urban and regional context.
- Supporting and promote Waste reduction and resource recovery.
- Building organisational and community capacity to meet the challenges of climate change.
- Engage with and learn from our community business and industry leaders on innovative solutions.
- Establish and/or support renewable energy generation projects in the community.
- Ensure the currency of related strategy, policy and other key Council documents related to the purpose of the Committee.
For more information or to make an application click here.
Applications close Friday, 2 June 2017 at 5.00pm.