Burrier Road - Burrier - Pavement Repair
The Shoalhaven was declared a Natural Disaster Area 5 March 2022 after an East Coast Low and subsequent rain events. This had a major impact on our communities, causing rapid deterioration to pavements and roads. Burrier Road, Burrier, was severely impacted by these rain events.
- Public access
Burrier Road, Burrier 2540
- Project StatusPlanning
- Last reviewed
26 September 2023
07/09/2023 - Major landslip repair works are underway. Pavement repair scope of work is being prepared for funding approval by Transport for NSW. Works are planned to be undertaken near the completion of the major landslip works.
About the works
2023 Works history
- 06/06/2023 - Maintenance staff are undertaking regular inspection of the road and actioning temporary road repairs as required.
- 31/05/2023 - Maintenance staff will be undertaking a pothole blitz on Friday.
- 17/05/2023 - Maintenance staff are undertaking weekly inspection of the road and actioning temporary road repairs as required.
- 06/04/2023 - Maintenance staff will undertake weekly inspection of the road and schedule temporary pothole repairs as required.
- 29/03/2023 - Temporary pavement repairs are being completed at this location prior to Easter (pothole repairs and large shoves).
- 24/03/2023 - Ground investigations and pavement designs have been completed and submitted to TfNSW. Tenders are ready for advertising pending TfNSW approval.
- 19/01/2023 - Sampling and testing investigations have commenced to inform appropriate repair methods. Once completed Council will seek funding approval from transport to proceed to tender the works.
2022 Works history
- 23/12/2022 - Tender expected in February 2023 following sampling and testing investigations.
- 21/11/2022 - Council is engaging geotechnical engineers to undertake pavement investigations to provide advice on repair works, prior to Tendering in February 2023.
- 01/11/2022 - An open tender to deliver a Central District Pavement Repair Program is expected to be called in December 2022. Road rehabilitation works will be completed along several sections of Burrier Road commencing next year.
Please note: Without an email address we will have no way to reach you to respond to your feedback or concerns raised through this form.
If you don't want to provide an email address, please visit our contact details page to view other options, or call us on 1300 293 111.