Grow your career and love the lifestyle...
Shoalhaven is a large and growing seachange city, 2.5 hours south of Sydney. With 49 towns and villages and world-class coast and national parks, Shoalhaven offers a dynamic career alternative.
Our Council is a recognised employer of choice, offering diverse career options, rewarding challenges, employment flexibility and development opportunities for over 1000 people.
A career with Shoalhaven City Council will see you working to contribute directly to the achievement of our collective vision for the city and community. Whether you already live in our great region, or you are looking for sea or tree change, living and working in the Shoalhaven gives you:
See our current vacancies here.
Some of our careers include:
- Environmental science and natural resources professionals
- IT specialists
- Policy and governance professionals
- Urban and strategic planners
- Electrical and communications technicians
- Water and sewer engineers and technicians
- Building inspectors
- Surveyors and GIS professionals
- Rangers and inspectors
- Administration professionals
- Community services professionals
- Maintenance and construction for roads, parks and buildings
- Accounting and finance roles
- Tourism and event management staff
- Entertainment Centre, catering and hospitality staff
See the benefits
of working with Shoalhaven City Council.
Meet our people
- see what our staff say about their Council career choice.
Stretching from Berry to North Durras to Kangaroo Valley, the Shoalhaven is the ideal lifestyle area.
Shoalhaven City Council is based in Nowra. We are:
- 2.5 hours from Sydney
- 1 hour from Wollongong
- 1 hour from Bowral
- 2 hours from Canberra
- 1.5 hours from Batemans Bay
View the characteristics of the area and see what the Shoalhaven can offer you.
Your career will be complemented by the Shoalhaven lifestyle
(new window) choices - seachange, treechange, village living and sophisticated town life are all available. Your recreation options will be equally diverse...
- Surfing, swimming, diving, kayaking and more
- Golf and a wide range of sporting clubs
- Wineries, restaurants and cafes
- Shopping, cinemas and art centres
- State and National Parks, bush walking and bush care activities
- Community groups
Our major centres include:
- St Georges Basin
- Sussex Inlet
Come and join the stress free lifestyle.
Read about relocating to the Shoalhaven
EEO and diversity
How to apply
Meet our people
Work experience, apprentices and trainees