Good Dog Creek Bridge, Tannery Road - Cambewarra
Work Involves the construction of a single-lane concrete bridge & associated road approach works to replace the existing timber bridge along Tannery Road over Good Dog Creek, Cambewarra. The new bridge will utilize the InQuik system, a modular prefabricated, steel reinforced, cast-in-situ concrete bridge. The majority of funding is from the NSW Fixing Country Bridges Program.
- Public access
Tannery Road, Cambewarra 2540
- Estimated completion date26 August 2022
- Last reviewed
03 September 2022
The Good Dog Ck bridge has now reached Practical Completion and the site is looking good. A quality job by all involved.
About the works
- 29/08/2022 - The final items of works on the new bridge and immediate road approaches will be completed this week. Congratulations to local contractor, Jirgens Civil for a terrific job.
- 18/08/2022 - Adjustments to property access and final grading of roadside embankments (verges) are being finalised before spray grass (hydroseeding) can be applied. Work to follow includes installation of signs and applying the road pavement line marking.
- 12/08/2022 - Revegetation of the old bridge site and old road location has been completed, whilst final site tidy up and minor items are being attended to.
- 05/08/2022 - Completion of minor work items and completion of site tidy up continued this week whilst the bridge is open to traffic.
- 28/07/2022 - Minor work, final tidy up and restoration tasks are underway for the next two weeks.
- 16/07/2022 - Steel crash barriers have now been installed, and the scope of work has been reduced to allow access into private properties.
- 07/07/2022 - Although the new bridge and road works have not been entirely completed, the new work was tested well with at least 450mm of rain falling in 4 days. The temporary side-track was fully submerged by the flow of the creek, but it stood solid.
- 30/06/2022 - The final asphalt road surface layer on the bridge approaches was placed this week. Steel crash barriers, signs, and tidying up will now be attended to.
- 23/06/2022 - Construction of the road approaches to the new bridge is almost finalised with the initial "bitumen prime seal" surface coat applied. Final work on the road batters and surfacing of the road with asphalt is scheduled for the next two weeks
- 16/06/2022 - Roadworks on the western approaches to the bridge commenced this week. Next week, roadworks on the eastern side of the bridge will commence.
- 09/06/2022 - As the first round of compaction testing of the backfill material “passed” the quality testing. The contractor was given the final go ahead to continue filling and raising the level of the backfill. This photo shows the area looking good and now ready for the new road to be constructed.
- 07/06/2022 - This week work concentrated on filling and compacting good quality "crushed rock” behind the concrete bridge abutments before the road approaches are reconstructed. It is very important that the backfill material is well compacted, so it does not soften, subside or pothole. This photo shows a technician using special compaction test equipment called a "nuclear densometer" to confirm that the work has been constructed to strict engineering specifications.
- 02/06/2022 - With the InQuik prefabricated steel formwork and steel reinforcement is now in place and connected to the abutments on both ends of the bridge. The contractor can now start placing the pre-mixed concrete being pumped into place.
- 25/05/2022 - The new bridge decks and abutments arrived yesterday and were loaded in place ready for concrete tomorrow.
- 18/05/2022 - When preparing the rock foundation for the construction of the main concrete bridge “abutments”, pockets of soft rock were encountered unexpectedly on both sides of the creek. These pockets of soft rock ended up being large voids on each side of the bridge before solid rock was reached. Each void then had to be shaped up properly before a special reinforced concrete footing was constructed. Although rain has now stopped, working in a creek certainly has its challenge, such as the constant ingress of water requiring almost continuous pumping out.
- 12/05/2022 - Work on excavating for the bridge abutment footings was able to progress a little this week despite the worksite being flooded and poor weather conditions.The rock base was exposed to reveal quite a variable characteristic of the bedrock. Photos show drilling to install steel shear dowels commencing.
- 06/05/2022 - Work commenced on constructing both bridge footings and abutments. The very first task was to build a small levee to reduce water entering the excavation area before attempting to locate and level out the bedrock. Image below shows the excavation on the western bridge abutment. 01/05/2022 - Temporary side track is now completed, and the old timber bridge has been removed.
- 28/04/2022 - Temporary side track is almost completed, ready for traffic prior to demolition of the old timber bridge.
- 28/04/2022 - Vegetation clearing is in progress for temporary side track.
Please note: Without an email address we will have no way to reach you to respond to your feedback or concerns raised through this form.
If you don't want to provide an email address, please visit our contact details page to view other options, or call us on 1300 293 111.