Under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (the GIPA Act) Council must produce an Information Guide within 6 months of commencement of the Act and to review the guide every 12 months.
The Information Guide:
- describes Council’s structure and functions
- describes the ways in which its functions affect member of the public
- specifies arrangements that enable members of the public to participate in the formulation of policy and the exercise of its functions
- identifies the various kinds of information held
- identifies the kinds of information Council makes, or will make, publicly available
- identifies the kinds of information that are, or will be, made publicly available free of charge and those kinds of information for which a charge is, or will be, imposed.