Page has been updated as of 10.11am 24th January 2020
A fire is burning between Batemans Bay and Nowra and east of Braidwood. The fire is more than 313,400 hectares and is being controlled.
- The fire is burning between west of Kangaroo Valley in the north, Braidwood in the west, and Batemans Bay in the south.
- The fire danger rating for Friday, 24 January is High.
- There are many areas that are now safe for people to visit.
- The Charleys Forest fire is located along the fires western flank to the east of Braidwood.
- The Clyde Mountain fire is located along the fires southern flank around Batemans Bay.
- The Morton fire is located along the fires northern flank, into the Southern Highlands.
- If you are in an area that has already been affected by fire, there may be small areas of active fire burning for some time.
- Crews will continue to mop up and patrol these areas over coming days.
- Be aware of the dangers of trees and branches falling.
- Continue to monitor conditions.
- A number of roads in the area remain closed.
- Crews are working to make the areas safe so roads can be reopened.
- Check www.livetraffic.com for up to date road information.
- Intermittent closures are possible in other locations. Please observe speed restrictions and be mindful of the movement of emergency service vehicles.
- Stay up to date on bush fires in your area by checking the NSW RFS website, listening to your local radio station, or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- Before visiting national parks, check for closures at NSW Parks and Wildlife Service. Visitors should note that all National Parks will remain closed until the 1st of February 2020.
- People with respiratory conditions who are affected by bush fire smoke should activate their health management plan and seek medical advice if necessary. Take precautions, such as staying indoors and closing windows.
- For information on road closures, check Live Traffic NSW. Roads may be closed without warning.
- Monitor weather conditions and weather warnings at Bureau of Meteorology.
KEEP YOURSELF INFORMED
For information directly related to fire activity please contact the Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737. Please save Triple Zero (000) for life-threatening situations.
For the most up to date fire information on Fires in the Shoalhaven monitor emergency websites, including www.rfs.nsw.gov.au, as well as your regular media news sources for updated advice and warnings.
RFS hosted Community Information Meetings that can be viewed on Council's Facebook or on Council's YouTube page.
St George's Basin Community Meeting held on Thursday, 2 January https://youtu.be/Gs_5gITkd6M
Bomaderry Community Meeting held on Friday, 27 December https://youtu.be/v_Yzy8DCyh4
Kangaroo Valley Community Meeting held on Saturday, 28 December https://youtu.be/dtFq4Gat39k