Shoalhaven City Council’s Australia Day Award nominations are now open for 2020. The Australia Day awards recognise community contributions and outstanding achievements made by Shoalhaven residents.
Mayor Amanda Findley is encouraging the community to get involved by putting forward a nomination, to acknowledge and pay tribute to the Shoalhaven’s greatest, who work quietly and passionately to help make the Shoalhaven a better place.
“The awards are a great way to recognise the achievements of our local sporting, creative and cultural luminaries – all making the Shoalhaven a more vibrant place to live, whilst reinforcing who we are as a community and what we stand for.” Mayor Amanda Findley said.
Nominations can be made for the following categories;
- Citizen Award – 25 Years & Over
- Young Citizen – 24 Years & Younger
- Sports Person – 19 Years & Over
- Junior Sports Person – 18 Years & Younger
- Outstanding Contribution to the Environment
- Outstanding Contribution to an Inclusive Shoalhaven
- Outstanding Emerging Artist and,
- Outstanding Contribution to Arts & Culture.
Residents are being encouraged to get their nominations in, using the quick and easy online nomination form at https://getinvolved.shoalhaven.nsw.gov.au/australia-day-awards
Residents can also contact Council on 4429 3111 or visit our Nowra or Ulladulla Administration Centres for a hard copy form. Nominations close Friday 22 November 2019.