Shoalhaven City Council has commenced major roadworks on Greenwell Point Road. The works will involve rehabilitation of 930m of road pavement and construction of adjacent shoulders. The work zone will be either side of the Mayfield Road intersection. The roadworks are expected to be completed by early July, subject to good weather and no other delays being encountered.
The road is expected to remain open throughout the works however, only one lane will be operating and there will be limited access to Mayfield Road at times during the works. Traffic control will be in place throughout the works and will change as the project progresses.
Other road projects that have recently started or due to commence include:
- Roads Works have commenced on Sussex Inlet Road Sussex Inlet, near house number 802. Works will be undertaken to raise the level of the existing pavement, in preparation of the construction of a new culvert. These works will resolve ongoing drainage issues in this location and should be completed by early June.
- Works have commenced on Beach Road Berry for full pavement rehabilitation of approximately 1.2km from Harley Hill Road to Toolijoola Road. Preliminary vegetation management and culvert upgrades are done with all works expected to be completed by end of June.
- Stage 2 of Road pavement reconstruction and road widening on Culburra Road Culburra Beach is scheduled to commence in mid-May. The extent of works will include the Coonemia Road intersection up to the recently completed stage 1 works. Works are to be completed in June 2017.
- Various Road embankment stability projects throughout the Kangaroo Valley area are completed or programmed to commence. Works on Mt Scanzi Road are due to start this week and should be completed by the end of June.
- Council has commenced a large asphalt program to upgrade a number of pavements, intersections and cul-de-sac. Sites are in Bomaderry, Nowra, Worrigee, Orient Point, Culburra, Sussex Inlet, Mollymook and Sassafrass. Works should be completed within 3 weeks.
- Works have recommenced on the South Street and Jubilee Avenue roundabout in Ulladulla with the work site again closed. South Street, Jubilee Avenue and the adjoining carpark access are closed at the work site. Note that the Burrill Street South carpark entrance has been modified to allow better access during the works. Current completion date is late June.
- Council have been working on the Coolangatta Road upgrade involving the widening and pavement strengthening of the last 1.3km on the eastern end. Tree clearing has been completed and drainage and shoulder widening works are in progress. Works on Coolangatta Road are expected to be completed in July weather permitting. Works will then commence on the upgrade of the Coolangatta Road and Bolong Road intersection.
Motorists are reminded to drive safely and comply with road works signage and speed limits during this period.
Council apologises for any inconvenience to motorists during the road works.
For project updates and details or a full list of current works, please visit Council’s Roadworks webpage.