Shoalhaven City Council Mayor, Joanna Gash, has urged people to take care as wet weather takes hold in the Shoalhaven.
“The weather has caused a number of issues across the area including localised flooding, potholes and fallen trees across roadways.”
“I urge everyone to take care on the roads, watch for potholes and drive extra carefully as the water on the roads makes for slippery conditions.”
Council staff are attending to a number of local incidents with issues including:
- Water over Road: Meroo Road (near Fletchers Lane), Isa Road (where meets Worrigee Road), Bolong Road (near speed camera), Gerroa Rd/Bolong Rd near Water Treatment Plant, Shoalhaven Heads.
- Roads closed: Hannigans Lane, Budgong Road Budgong, Quinns Lane.
- Hockeys Lane, Cambewarra - tree blocking road
- Wool Rd (near Leisure Centre) – tree blocking road
- Strongs Road – tree blocking road
- Minor tree issues throughout the basin area
- Pavement damage - potholes along Jervis Bay Road / Naval College Road / The Wool Rd – rough surface signs erected on The Wool Road between Naval College Road & Old Erowal Bay
- ‘Water Over Road’ signage still in place a Naval College Road (near Bayswood)
To keep up-to-date with what is going on follow emergency service information and Council’s website www.shoalhaven.nsw.gov.au and Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/shoalhavencitycouncil.
CONTACT: Mayor, Joanna Gash - 0427 160 172