The Community Strategic Plan sits at the top of Council’s planning hierarchy and identifies the community’s main priorities and expectations for the future and ways to achieve these goals.
The plan must:
- Have a long term focus with a minimum of 10 years
- Address key issues relating to social, environmental, economic and civic leadership objectives
- Be developed using an adopted community engagement strategy that enables Council to communicate and consult with the community
- Outline the principles on which the plan is based
- Provide for measuring, monitoring and reporting on progress in implementing the plan
All Councils across NSW are required by the Local Government Act to develop a CSP, forming part of an Integrated Planning and Reporting framework.