Every year Shoalhaven City Council hosts an Australia Day Awards event recognising members of our community who have made an outstanding contribution to making our City a better place to live, work or play.
The Award categories are:
- Citizen Award – 25 years and older.
- Young Citizen Award – 24 years and under.
- Sports Person Award – 19 years and older.
- Junior Sports Person Award – 18 years and younger.
- Outstanding Contribution to an Inclusive Shoalhaven - All ages. This category acknowledges nominees who have made an outstanding contribution to making the Shoalhaven a more inclusive community for people of all abilities, ages and/or culture.
- Outstanding Contribution to the Environment - All ages. This award highlights nominees who have made an outstanding contribution to the environment within the Shoalhaven.
- Outstanding Contribution to Arts & Culture - Open to both artists and non-artists contributing to the arts in any capacity.
- Outstanding Emerging Artist - Open to artists of any age, practising any art form including writer, visual/digital artist, performer etc
How to Nominate
Each year nominations open between September and November. Information on how to nominate someone will be provided at this time.
The Awards Presentation
The Awards are presented each year in January. Information about the Awards Presentation is released prior to the event date.