Drop-off your old mobile phones, batteries, chargers and accessories at several Council locations or participating mobile phone retailers.
Your mobile phones accepted for recycling
Please bring in
- Mobile phone handsets including PDAs that are mobiles
- Mobile phone chargers & accessories e.g. ear pieces, car kits, cases
- Mobile batteries of all kinds
- Display mobile phones
Please don’t bring in
- Non-mobile batteries e.g. alkaline
- Home phones, pagers, MP3 players, PDAs with no phone function
- Any other non-mobile electronic components or devices
Recycle your mobile phone here
Council locations -
- All Recycling and Waste Depots
Participating mobile phone retailers
- Optus World, 123 Junction Street, Nowra
- Allphones, Kiosk 3, Stocklands Shopping Centre, East St, Nowra
- Fone Zone, Shop 30, Stocklands Shopping Centre, East Street, Nowra
- Telstra Shop, Shop 45, Stocklands Shopping Centre, East Street, Nowra
- Vodaphone, Shop 3, 122 Junction St, Nowra
- Harvey Norman, Cnr Central Ave & Princes Highway, South Nowra
- Officeworks, Nowra
- CompuPort Leading Edge Computers, The Homemaker Centre, Shop 8, 171 Princes Hwy, Ulladulla
- Smith's Music, Rowens Arcade, Shop 14, 2 Boree St, Ulladulla
Recycling your old mobile phone is a good idea
Over 90% of the materials in a mobile phone are recovered to make new products including jewellery; plastic fence posts and stainless steel products. These valuable resources are lost forever if you put your mobile phone in the garbage bin. At landfill, mobile phone batteries leak toxic materials such as cadmium.
Mobile phones cannot be put in your yellow lid household recycling bin. Unwanted mobile phones can only be dropped off for recycling at one of the official participating outlets listed above.
MobileMuster is the official recycling program of the mobile phone industry. For more information on what happens to your recycled mobile phones, go to the MobileMuster website (opens in a new window).