Illegal dumping is a blight on the Shoalhaven's natural beauty and environment. Rubbish dumping and littering raises a number of concerns for the environment, public health and safety as well as the financial costs incurred.
Council Rangers work with State Government Agencies including the Environment Protection Authority (EPA), National Parks and the Forestry Corporation to address illegal dumping in the Shoalhaven.
If you observe suspicious activity or witness a person illegally dumping waste contact Council’s Ranger Services.
If it’s urgent please telephone Council Ranger Services during business hours or if it’s after hours or on a weekend contact the after hours number. Emails will only be processed during business so the response time will be delayed.
If it’s urgent you can also contact the EPA on 131 555
Provide details including:
- Activity type
- Time and date of activity
- Location of activity
- Description of person/s involved
- Vehicle description and registration number
- Do you have a photograph or video of the activity?
- Can you provide GPS coordinates?
- Are you prepared to be contacted about this report to progress any investigation?
- Any other information you think might be relevant
Littering has a maximum of $450 via Penalty Notice.
Transporting, dumping waste penalty notices for an individual – $1,500 - $8,000
Transport, dumping waste penalty notices for a corporation – $3,000 - $16,000
Convictions in the Land & Environment Court could also include a custodial sentence for repeat offenders.