" "
Food complaints

Have you suffered from food poisoning or do you want to make a complaint about a food business?

Councils Environmental Health Officers are available to answer any enquires or register complaints related to food safety. Complaints and enquires are important to Council as they assist with the regulation of food businesses and in the co-ordination of future educational programs.

Council will investigate:
  • alleged incidents of food poisoning
  • unclean premises
  • poor food hygiene/handling practices
  • foreign matter found in food
  • food that has become rotten or mouldy
  • labelling issues
To register a complaint contact Council during business hours on (02) 4429 3111. Alternatively you can e-mail or mail your concerns to:

The General Manager
Shoalhaven City Council
P.O Box 42
Nowra NSW 2541